Benjamin Beilman & Andrew Tyson
Friday 7th October 2016, 8pm
- MOZART – Sonata No. 32 in B flat major, K. 454
- JANÁČEK – Violin Sonata (1914-15, rev. 1916-22)
- Jane STANLEY – New Work World Premiere
- SAINT-SAËNS – Sonata No.1 in D minor, Op. 75
American violinist Benjamin Beilman is winning plaudits in both North America and Europe for his passionate performances and deep rich tone, which the Washington Post called “mightily impressive” and the New York Times described as “muscular with a glint of violence”.
Hailed by BBC Radio 3 as “a real poet of the piano,” American Andrew Tyson is emerging as a distinctive and important new musical voice. He is consistently recognized for his commanding and expressive performances, replete with imaginative interpretations and exceptional artistry.
Friday 28th October 2016, 8pm
- Sounds like Jazz – From Rags to Riches
- DEBUSSY – Golliwog’s Cakewalk
- STRAVINSKY – Piano Rag Music
- WIENER – Sonatine No. 2
- KAPUSTIN – Bagatelles Op. 59 (selection)
- BOLCOM – Hymn a l’amour; KAPUSTIN – Sonata No.14
- GERSHWIN – Three Preludes
From sub-tropical Coffs Harbour to sub-zero Scandinavian winters, Adam has let music guide him to many corners of the globe including South America, Great Britain, and Europe
This performance is so full of enthusiasm, drive, delicacy, power and precision it is enough to just hear it. Herd’s playing sparkles clean and sharp, well clear of any shadows, as if he sees his music reflected in crystalline shards off the surface of the ocean he surfs in…Herd’s selections and his performance brings those five stars securely home.
Fine Music Magazine
Tuesday 22nd November 2016, 8pm
- The Mozart of his time: MOZART – Piano Trio in G major K.496
- SAINT-SAENS – Piano Trio No. 2
- MENDELSSOHN – Piano Trio in C minor No. 2
Described by Musica Viva as ‘Australia’s most internationally successful piano trio’, the Streeton Trio formed in 2008 in Geneva, Switzerland, from three of Australia’s leading young musicians.
The Streeton Trio provided a masterclass, with deeply expressive playing rich in elegance, intellect and vitality.
The Australian, Nov 9th 2015
They have been praised for their ‘still-youthful exuberance and razor-sharp technical and interpretive gifts.’; ‘the trio are a refreshing find for this reviewer…This is a young trio and their undoubted talent and enthusiasm are infectious.